Thursday 19 September 2013

Purifyne Juices - a 3 day cleanse

Purifyne Cleanse review by Christine Bailey
September 17 2013



I absolutely love juicing and raw food which is why I wrote two of my recipe books: The Juice Diet and The Raw Food Diet. I juice pretty much most days and my children love helping devise new juice recipes. Our mainstay is green juicing which are so hydrating, alkalising and energising.





Juice cleansing is a great way to revitalise the body and involves drinking an array of juices and sometimes soups and broths rather than eating meals. It may sound daunting but actually they can be surprising easy as long as you are prepared in advance.  However for many people juicing your own juices each day is just not practical or feasible so how about a juice cleanse from Purifyne?

Purifyne are a company that deliver juices to your home with a set programme that can last just a few days or couple of weeks. Having recently completed my new metabolic clean and lean detox programme which is now available on my website. I was excited to try a 3-day juice programme with my hubby from Purifyne.  

Purifyne offer several different types of cleanses including bespoke cleanses for your own personal needs. I opted for the 3 day green juice cleanse with no fruit.  If you are new to cleansing programmes it is worth preparing your body in advance. A week before starting your cleanse, you may wish to cut out known allergens from your diet and start reducing caffeine and alcohol. It requires cutting certain foods and drinks out of your diet. Then a day or so before you start switch to lightly cooked vegetable based meals.

The juices were delivered to me at work as I was lecturing at the Centre of Nutrition (CNELM). The juices arrived in a cool bag with all the juices and raw soups for the three days plus a couple of supplements to help with the cleanse. There were a range of juices included – primarily green juices but also a beetroot and carrot based juice.

After taking a spoonful of a colon cleansing powder (magnesium based) and an alkalising supplement we then drank slowly one of the juices – we started with the one containing Carrot, Beet, Spinach, Lemon, and Celery.  A little overpowering with celery but palatable enough. The kids were happy to taste it too.

Lunch was harder for Chris my hubby who struggled with the raw green soup so I ended up making him one of my cleansing soups from the metabolic detox programme.  The afternoon involved drinking a ginger lemonade – so refreshing plus herbal teas and another green juice.
To finish each day you drink one more juice plus ginger lemonade and broth if we wanted it.  I’m used to detoxing so I really didn’t find going without solid food too difficult. But as I did not want to lose weight I included more broths and soups too.  If you’re used to having some fruit in your green juices then ask Purifyne to do this for you as you may find vegetable green juices a little overpowering.

After the 3 days of cleansing you should feel lighter and more energised. You can notice the difference immediately. Typically your skin will look noticeably more glowing and digestion often improves.

I would love to try some of their other programmes with a greater range of juices but this 3 day cleanse is a fabulous way to kick start a new eating programme and recharge the body. Purifyne were very attentive throughout the cleanse and can tailor juices to suit your needs.  This is a great option if you don’t want to juice yourself.


Visit Purifyne’s website to find out more about their juice programmes.

1 comment:

  1. Specific detox diets - last between 7 and 30 days; there are quick detox diets for one and three days, and long detox diets for 8 weeks. It helps you lot in weight loss.

    Regards,
    Tahitian Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete