Thursday 23 August 2012

Day 1: Purifyne Cleanse by London Vegan Ballerina


Day 1: A 16-day PurifyneCleanse by one of our client, London’s ballerina – a very interesting and honest account of cleansing process and benefits of it.


This morning I weighed 62.3kg; body fat percentage 28.7%. It'll be interesting to see how these numbers change everyday.

I woke up feeling as usual: tired, moody, and needing at least 3 hours more sleep... My juice package was due to arrive at around 9am, so I had some hot lemon water as suggested and did a session of dry skin-brushing. Feeling a bit more alive now, I proceeded to get some work done, and before long, the delivery arrived.

Inside were: 8 bottles of fresh juice (2 days' supply), 1 small bottle each of coconut water and aloe vera juice, a Daily Routine Summary, some sachets of cinnamon powder, ginger powder, psyllium husk, and green superfoods powder to be mixed with juice, chamomile tea-bags for enema, liver support capsules, bentonite clay capsules, essential fatty acids capsules (all 7 days' supply), one Enema kit, and 1 sisal body buffer. Whew! It's quite a list!! Here's how I got on today:

9.30 am
My first juice! Apple, beetroot, carrot and ginger, with 1 tsp each of Green Superfoods powder and psyllium husk mixed in. I was pretty hungry, so I finished this quite quickly. The juice tasted refreshing, and not too sweet, and it filled me up too. Soon after, I had some natural bowel movement and decided to skip the morning enema. New discovery: I don't need to eat a huge breakfast, (read: drink a litre of smoothie) to feel full.

12.30am
My second juice. Apple, ginger, parsley, and spinach, this time with no powders added. This was my favourite combination. I also had a shot glass of the aloe vera juice. I should mention that I told Purifyne I don't like pears, cucumbers or mint in my juices, so these aren't likely to appear in the ingredients list - thank goodness! It's nice to be able to omit things you really don't like from the juices, instead of having to pinch your nose and down it in one. B-)

4.30 pm

It is so strange not to have to think about what to eat at all. As for cravings, I have none at the moment, and although I felt colder than usual when I went out in the dismal weather, it might just have been a colder-than-usual day. My third juice contained melon, red pepper, celery, and ginger, with 1 tsp of psyllium husk. Not one of my favourite combinations, but it was fine. I don't spend any time cooking, preparing, eating and washing up, so I'm getting so much more things done!

7.00 pm

At 6.30 pm, I had a mug of herbal tea to revive myself from the cold weather outside. Now for my last juice of the day: beetroot, carrot, celery, and ginger. I added some cinnamon powder to this juice, which totally transformed the flavour and I really enjoyed it! I've never been much of a cinnamon-fan, but it makes a really great addition to a juice.
8.30 pm
I took my first enema. I'm going to go to bed early today - feeling sleepy already.

Onward to Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment